Maths Hubs Programme Strategic Priorities 2019/20
- Embed teaching for mastery approaches in primary schools so that all pupils develop the deep knowledge and understanding they need to be fully prepared for the secondary mathematics curriculum.
- Develop and begin to embed teaching for mastery in secondary schools, while also supporting schools and colleges to address the challenges of teaching GCSE Mathematics, so that all pupils are prepared for progression to post-16 education.
- Provide support for participating schools to implement teaching for mastery with fidelity, consistency and to a high quality encouraging the effective use of high quality resources.
- Ensure the training and effective development of local leaders of maths education through national programmes and local professional communities.
- Develop the knowledge and practice of Early Years Foundation Stage practitioners to ensure that all children develop a secure foundation in mathematics so that they are ready for teaching for mastery in Key Stage 1.
- Support the effective recruitment, preparation and development of new teachers of mathematics and other mathematics classroom practitioners, working in partnership with Initial Teacher Training (ITT), Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE), and other, providers, whenever possible.